I am an LPC-MHSP (temp) counselor specializing in individual, couples and family therapy and maintains a private practice in Nashville, TN. Among my areas of expertise are trauma, relationships, and working with children and families.
As an integrated, trauma-informed therapist, my therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. I integrate complementary methodologies and techniques, such as EMDR and TF-CBT, to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. Through compassion and understanding, I work with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education/Human and Organizational Development, Vanderbilt University, 2005
- Master of Science in Education in Literacy/General Education, Bank Street College of Education, 2009
- Master of Education in Human Development Counseling, Clinical Mental Health Track, Vanderbilt University, 2015
Certifications & Special Trainings
- National Certified Counselor, National Board of Certified Counselors, 2015
- Prepare/Enrich Certified Counselor, 2015
- Training in Gottman Method Couples Counseling, Level 1, 2017
- Bringing Baby Home Educator (Gottman Institute), 2017
- Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work Leader (Gottman Institute), 2017
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, Level 1 and 2, Advanced
Professional Activities and Memberships
- American Counseling Association, Professional Member
Julie Vogel LPC-MHSP, License #2045