One of the reasons couples get stuck in perpetual conflict is simply a lack of education and training. We are more than willing to train for marathons, or seek education to further our careers, or go to a financial advisor to guide us in our investments. But we go into marriage with virtually no training or tools to have available when the inevitable conflict comes.
In this class you will learn to:
- Deepen your knowledge of one another
- Build friendship and trust
- Recognize and respond to bids for emotional connection
- Be open to influence
- Understand and work with both solvable and difficult problems
- Get through gridlocked conflict
- Create a special “Story of Us”
- Maintain your relationship
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work is the acclaimed culmination of four decades of the research of Dr. John Gottman, made widely available for couples like you who long for better relationships.
Bringing Baby Home is an educational program for pregnant couples and families with children up to three years of age. It was designed and created by relationship experts, Drs. John and Julie Gottman, at The Relationship Research Institute in Seattle, Washington to improve the quality of life for babies and children by strengthening the parental relationship.
The Gottman’s research demonstrates that when couples become parents, there is a significant decrease in their relationship satisfaction. Further research has shown that relationship discord and conflict have a profound negative effect on the couples’ infants and toddlers.
The Bringing Baby Home Program is designed to teach parents to:
- Increase friendship in their relationship
- Deal effectively with conflict
- Keep dads involved in infant care and parenting
- Improve the quality of parent–infant interaction
- Recognize the psychological and emotional needs of their child
- Co-Parent effectively